Hair styling products that will change your world
You may have heard about actives for your skin, but what about active ingredients in your hair products? An ‘active’ is a fancy way of saying that the ingredient has been tested and verified as delivering a specific benefit, and yup, our hair needs some TLC from these guys, just as our skin does.
That’s why specific ingredients in your hair products can make your hair feel extra lovely and healthy. So, drumroll for our brand new Headshock Plex System, which delivers a haircare routine that restores dry, overworked locks with ingredients that benefit most hair types. Here’s how.
The benefits of a haircare routine
Back to skincare, the idea of cleansing, toning, and moisturising is pretty commonplace. Again, thinking of it like this sets the scene for the approach to looking after our hair. Our hair can suffer from heat styling, as well as environmental aggressors, stress, hormones and diet, just as our skin can. We can address many of these things through lifestyle choices, but a good haircare routine can also protect and replenish our hair.
This is all about blending the right ingredients (AKA actives) to create products that meet hair challenges. The Plex System harnesses the power of active ingredients to nourish from the shaft of your hair outwards. That’s why we call it our Smoothing Infusion because each product has been formulated to give you naturally shiny, healthy hair.
What’s our Plex System?
Chances are, you already have a routine of sorts for your hair. At the least, most people shampoo and condition their tresses. There are other ways to give your hair a boost though, including introducing hair oil, hair serum and a hair mask. These kinds of treatments can make all the difference. But then, when do you use them, what order should you apply them? This is where the Plex System breaks it down with a simple 1 – 5 step process. This is how it looks:
- Cleansing Shampoo – gentle and effective, to remove dirt and product build-up without stripping or drying the hair or scalp, while strengthening hairs and smoothing the follicles.
- Nourishing Hair Mask – yes, your hair can benefit from a hair treatment mask! Use as needed to improve manageability and increase shine.
- Hydrating Conditioner – lightweight hydration for flyaway, brittle, and damaged hair, our Hydrating Conditioner smooths and protects against moisture loss.
- Restoring Hair Treatment Oil – strength building and reinforcement bringing hair oil to restore damage from the hair cuticle outwards while taming frizz.
- Styling Hair Serum – a styling essential, this hair serum has been specifically developed to reduce breakage and heat damage and seal the hair cuticle to minimise frizz and promote shine.
The key ingredients
Understanding how to order your haircare products is one thing, but what do you need to look for on the ingredients list? Remember, this is all about the actives, those lovely ingredients that have a specific benefit. We’ve formulated our Plex System with the kinds of ingredients known to offer hair-beautifying benefits. Here’s a little peek at just some of the wonder ingredients in our system:
- Avena sativa, or oat oil, is nutrient-packed and lightweight. This can bring many benefits to hair and scalp, conditioning, and moisturising without irritation and helping to improve the elasticity of hair strands. That’s why it’s in our Cleansing Shampoo, Nourishing Treatment Mask, and Styling Serum.
- Glycerin is a known super hydrator, used in skincare and hair care. Think shiny, hydrated tresses regardless of your hair type, that’s what Glycerin can do. You’ll find this superstar in our Nourishing Treatment Mask, Cleansing Shampoo, Hydrating Conditioner and Styling Serum.
- Panthenol, also known as Pro-Vitamin B5 is a key ingredient for hydration. A natural humectant and emollient, it can benefit most hair types by helping to retain moisture, smooth strands, strengthen from the hair cortex outward and balance moisture. Find this multi-tasking ingredient in our Cleansing Shampoo, Hydrating Conditioner, and Styling Serum.
- Chai Seed Oil – a natural plant oil, Chai Seed Oil has been applauded for its potential to restore damaged hair cuticles, and elasticity and protect coloured hair from fading. This is all thanks to its high fatty acid content which keeps hair strong and soft. This one plays a starring role in our Hydrating Conditioner and Restoring Treatment Oil.
- Almond Oil – high in protein, omega-9 fatty acids and Vitamin E this mega-ingredient can soften, strengthen, and repair your hair. Over time, this can boost your hair’s texture and reduce the chance of split ends and damage. That’s why we’ve included it in our Restoring Treatment Oil.
- Argan Oil – an ancient beauty ingredient, Argan Oil can nourish skin and hair. For the latter, it plays the role of hydrator, with the potential to smooth all hair types. While it softens, it also protects against breakage and increases shine. This makes it a key ingredient in our hair oil.
- Jojoba Oil – can we get a hands-in-the-air for Jojoba? An amazing natural oil that’s technically more of a wax, that can enhance hair, skin and nails, this ingredient seals in moisture and nourishes right down to those tricky, always-dry ends. This is why it’s part of our Nourishing Treatment Mask.
It’s that simple, just like any other part of our beauty regime, our hair needs the right care to look good and stay healthy. Certain actives can deliver the benefits you need to manage dryness, frizz, breakage, and general unmanageability. The Plex System Smoothing Infusion is a 1 – 5 step routine that nails that for you. Happy, healthy hair in 5 steps. It is that easy.